Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yellowstone National Park - Elk!



September 2005 and October 2006

Last year in late September I visited Yellowstone National Park. It was the first time I had returned to the park since I spent a couple of weeks there after the 1988 fires, which had destroyed over a third of the park.

Now, as most of you are aware, I consider myself a marine critter photographer. My love and passion lies in the ocean, and it is usually there that I invest my energy and resources. This year several uncontrollable factors found me with time and a want to travel in late October so I again wandered north to Yellowstone. The fall colors were magnificent and the animals again were spellbinding. What a privilege to come to understand (at least a little) the pageants that are being played out here by animals of all sorts and sizes. It has been a pleasure to train my lenses on land mammals again...here are a few of the results. I hope you enjoy them!





Visit Wildlifeimages.net to see my other photos.