Thursday, February 08, 2007

Home away from home

January, 2007

There's no place like home! Well it's not Kansas Toto, but the National Geographic Endeavour will be my home away from home for almost three months this year. I have come to love the look of her as I get to see more and more of her in her many moods and capabilities. Whether she is gracing a beautiful sunset in Lemaire Channel, breaking through fresh fast ice, or deploying one of her many Zodiac inflatables, I have come to know and trust her. I will join her again for the month of March as we make the run from Ushuaia, Argentina along the Islands of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge all the way across both the Tropic of Capricorn and the Tropic of Cancer to the Canary Islands. She will again be my home in June and July as we search for polar bears in Svalbard, coming within 600 nm of the North Pole. They say that home is where the heart is, and for someone with sea fever such as I posses, I will follow mine on my home away from home called the Endeavour.




Visit www.wildlifeimages.net to see my other photos.