Thursday, February 08, 2007

Reflections of Antarctica


February 8, 2007

So why would any sane person brave huge seas in the Southern Ocean to visit a continent that is the driest, coldest, and windiest on Earth? So many friends have asked me why in the world I would want to go to this frozen place, what could possibly be the draw? And yet I find my mind drifting, just as the huge tabular icebergs are doing this very moment. Antarctica isn't just a place, it's a symbol for a way of life. Far-away, wild, untouched, unowned, and unconquered. Perhaps one of the last places on this planet you can say that about. How could you not be drawn to such a place? For my part I know that I will return, this place has captured my imagination, as well as my camera. Thank you for making the journey with me through the following images. I hope you enjoy them!

Visit Wildlifeimages.net to see my other photos.