Monday, November 10, 2008

Galapagos below the surface

May 2008
A green sea turtle glides over the reef off the west side of Isabella Island.
The strangely shaped oceanic sunfish (Mola mola) in deep waters off the NW side of Isabella Island.
Here a pair of mola molas glide by my underwater housing.
While they look so comical above water, the true grace and purpose of penguins become obvious underwater. Here is the only penguin species in the northern hemisphere!
Trying to follow this Galapagos penguin as it zips through this school of bait fish is almost impossible with my large and heavy camera housing!
White-tipped reef shark patrolling the reef.
Snorkeling with a curious white-tipped reef shark.
I just absolutely LOVE these Galapagos sea lions! I promise they will get their own section here on my blog soon. Here's to putting your foot in its mouth!